View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: C/Red on flop with toptop, this situation gives me a headache

Fold the flop?

Nothing hugely wrong with that vs a total unknown. Lots of people at these stakes don't c/r worse than tptk.

Raise all in on flop?

Don't like that. Seems like you're going to fold out worse and get called by better always. If he's bluffing or has KJ or something, a call gets the money.

If im gonna raise all in on the turn i might as well have went all in on the flop right?

Not really, since a bunch of turns could put a 3flush and/or 4straight on the board which could change things depending on how he acts. Also, if he was c/r with a heart draw, the money is going in here on the turn with you as a huge fav - and prob more importantly KJ can't really fold now given pot odds.

How often do u think i hae the best of it here?
Besides set,2pair, str8 does villans hand range even include a pair of jacks on flop/turn?

So hard to say vs a total unknown. Against some you'll have the best of it very often. Against some you'll have the best of it literally NEVER. Since this guy is an unknown, I really don't think it's huge EV either way if you fold flop or take your line.

This doesn't look obviously bad to me or anything. Maybe just a touch aggro with literally zero reads.