View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: \"The Game\" Book discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Guys who are experienced in these techniques can get a woman to pretty much any emotional state they want. I don't do it any more because it makes me feel miserable and I believe it's unethical (and it's way more fun/challenging to genuinely connect), but knowing I can shakes things up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do get what you're saying, Phil, and believe me I'm not judging anyone as a misogynist. Trust me, I enjoy this type of discussion and am not as easily offended as you might think. I just think you have a slightly skewed perspective on this [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Anyone can play these games. Most of us don't choose to. It's all about manipulation. I could manipulate certain guys if I really wanted to. I just don't want to. Men and women can zero in on the perfect girl/guy to manipulate and play... like you yourself said, it's just classic behavioral training. But where is the fulfillment or fun? What is the fun in getting a girl to want you, to need you, based on games and manipulation? Yuck.

Being insulting in order to kill someone's self esteem for the purpose of then building it back up is just pathetic. It seems juvenile and mean to me. Like I said, I bet hot chicks could play the same game on guys. I don't think I agree with you that girls over the age of 21 have near ubiquitous susceptibility.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know whether our own Katie would fall prey to a master seductionist,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I have in the past, when I was a lot younger. Sometimes women actually know what they're getting into, they are just going along because they are intrigued or bored or lonely. It's not always because we're sooo dumb.

Anymore though, I prefer guys who are just really nice and considerate people. Rudeness is a HUGE character flaw to me and an indication that a person is not worth getting to know.