View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: \"The Game\" Book discussion

I probably come across a bit of a misogynist in my posts, I don't mean to. Growing up I had a lot of respect for women as people, but discovering the power I had over them through seduction techniques and emotional manipulation made me question female insight and courage. Guys who are experienced in these techniques can get a woman to pretty much any emotional state they want. I don't do it any more because it makes me feel miserable and I believe it's unethical (and it's way more fun/challenging to genuinely connect), but knowing I can shakes things up a bit. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] And it is disappointing - women should see through these games and do what they want instead of being used.

BTW the girl did more than give him a hug, there are later videos in the series. Suffice to say this was or could have been an f-close. Most of these pickup videos are, and there are plenty with uglier and less charming guys getting their way. While the girl is obviously young, not 100% confident and not particularly bright, I don't think these are sufficient to explain the amazing success of these techniques. It's also much easier to see the insanity of these interactions when you're not caught up in the moment and being swept off your feet by emotional misdirection. Also note that the approaches vary; the really negative stuff is used for hard-to-crack females, especially very attractive females, but approaches based purely on positive programming are used to. It depends on the girl and situation.

I agree that guys can be subject to these same techniques (there's a whole theory of sales based on Neuro Linguistic Programming, and it's somewhat effective), but they're far less susceptible in general. Lapdogs exist in both sexes, but females seem to have a near ubiquitous susceptibility to emotional manipulation. At least young females; I've never tried to pick up anyone 25+. I don't know whether our own Katie would fall prey to a master seductionist, I suspect you'd smell a rat. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]