View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: On buying accounts and why you should care

Shane,

Most probably you're right and I'm just wasting my time. Maybe it was my Jesuit high school education, I don't know. But I do think this particular problem is a problem relatively easy to solve, not for us of course, but by the poker sites, but why will they?

[ QUOTE ]
The sort of ambitious young equity hounds who seem to be the perpetrators here won't be swayed by your pleas

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not, but I think threads like this one may help the beginners and it may help to create a better poker culture environment, probably I'm too idealistic, but let me give you an example: Mexico and the US have similar traffic laws, but while in the US most people use to follow them and the traffic goes smoothly because of this, in Mexico most people just don't care and there's a lot of chaos. When I travelled in Europe, I noticed some transportation systems, train, subway, rely on an honor system and still most people buy their tickets; you can't do this in Uganda, hell maybe even in Detroit. You may say that the reason is law enforcement, but I think it's more of a culture thing. But of course we do need both; law enforcement and good culture in poker. I think as today the Poker Nation is a third world country, with the usual suspects profiting from the anarchy.

But I agree with the whole idea of your post, very well written as usual.