View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Million Hand please critic

I would have just shoved flop, but I don't hate the flop check, since good aces are checking to you like every time. Also I like mixing up betting the flop and betting the turn with 8-9 out draws, especially on a board like this where he's way more likely to be giving up if he checks turn vs flop.

Very very easy turn shove b/c of the extra outs plus he's much less likely to have an ace now than when he checked the flop, and he's still not calling a shove without an ace. (Or less than shove and call if you think he'll fold more often, although I don't think it matters, either he has an ace or he doesn't.)

River bet I hate because you aren't threatening his stack; a 20k pure bluff on the turn is beautiful in this spot because you threaten his whole 55k for a ridiculously cheap price, this is one of the cool things about lategame mtt play with these stack sizes. I like your line for value with KK, QQ, maybe too thin w/ jacks, where you're better off turning it into a bluff/make KQ fold bet earlier when he'll respect the ace, but given your description of his range you'd probably have a value bet all the way down to any T. He's calling with any pair, especially after the ace pairs, so it's just about which pairs are in his range.

If he folded he had KQ/KJ