View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Flipaments 2:30 Eastern

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ring flips are not a good idea. One table always delays to get closer to making the money, and that stuff at the FT was just ridiculous. They walked twice because mlagoo wasn't in, but by doing so they gave one player a 30 chip advantage over another player, and of course the player with the 30 chip disadvantage finished 4th and out of the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

this defintiely sucked, but it seemed like it had to be better than the alternative, which was having them get allin twice in a row so that i was basically guaranteed second or better.

but yeah, looks like full ring flips dont work too well.

[/ QUOTE ]

By folding and then letting you push, it puts Alex (I think that was his name) at almost as much of a disadvantage as you had an advantage from coming in during the blinds. I mentioned this in chat. After the first fold, the best thing would have been to fold 3 times so that Alex guy (I think that was his name) didn't get screwed. When it was on Alex's BB, you pushed, so at that point everyone had to.

At prior flips everyone has just pushed without waiting for others to get in. Basically by pushing the first hand, you were at a huge advantage, but it's built into the system. By waiting for you to get in, then you pushing, it put Alex at a huge disadvantage. If you had waited one more hand it would have been the most "fair" thing.