View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul on Subprime

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to talk about HUD as I have no experience in HUD. You brought up the DoD losing trillions. I'd like to know how they managed to lose that much, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

well that's the point. it would be nice to know where all that money went or whatever. but the point is that the DOD won't tell congress, or at least the people who ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming it all went somewhere. Provide some evidence that $2.3 trillion was lost by an agency with 1/10th of that as its annual budget and maybe we'll start getting somewhere.

[ QUOTE ]
anyway my point was that, hey it's impossible to have spent a trillion or 2 in iraq, since all the tanks and trucks only add up to 300 billion or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was impossible to spend a trillion on Iraq. I asked how it was possible to lose more than 2x every single dollar spent on this 4.5 year war. You are asking us to believe the Pentagon lost this amount without supporting data.

[ QUOTE ]
anyway I'm sure you've heard of the 50 billion in cash that went to iraq and no one knows where it went? I mean that's 50 bill right there that has been "lost" and can't be accounted for.

ok maybe it was 12 billion, whatever.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2008189,00.html

fixed url

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so $12B was somehow without proper documentation aqnd records as it was being disbursed in a wartorn country with a fractured government in the midst of reconstruction. Now, all you have to do is link to the other $2288 billion you are claiming was also lost (in other words, you have 99.5% still to go)