Thread: AA vs. mongoose
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 05:13 PM

Default AA vs. mongoose

Commerce 20/40. I am a new face here, and haven't sat down for long; my image is somewhat tight but not so aggressive. The rest of the table is playing pretty standard except for the villain. The villain is Mongoose, who cold calls pf w/ any two. I have only seen him reraise QQ pf so far. In my previous encounter w/ him, I opened from ep w/ AQo and flopped TPTK on a Q85 rainbow board. He called down every street and took down the pot w/ 85o.

This hand I open from UTG w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Mongoose cold calls from MP and it is heads up. The flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Mongoose calls the flop pretty quickly. The turn is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Mongoose thinks for 5-10 seconds and calls. I fire once more on the T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] river. Mongoose thinks for a few seconds, and to my disgust, energetically raises. Is a 3-bet out of order here?