View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Kendall traded...

[ QUOTE ]

I'm impressed that you guys have such reserved expectations for this year. Everyone in the nat'l media seems to think they're a slam dunk for 2nd place w/ a brilliant 2nd yr coach, which reminds me a lot of Miami last yr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its funny. Most Jets fans predict a SB berth every year. I'm cautiously optimistic about this year and think making the playoffs will be very difficult.

[ QUOTE ]
Not to sound too old school, but I don't think you can win consistently w/out being able to run or stop the run unless you have a HoF QB

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly agree. Running and stopping the run are certainly the easiest ways to win football games. That, and limiting penalties.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe Thomas Jones was a nice pick-up, but I don't really see him as a difference-maker providing all other variables remain constant?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think things change a lot once the season starts. His presence plus the fact that it counts should make the preseason forgettable. Our offense has a number of weapons and Chad is very good at getting them the ball. Oline is obv a huge question. The defensive line is big too.

I'd like to split these first two games and see improvement from what I've seen in the preseason from both lines and the LBs. Chad will be good.