View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?

i want to be a journalist/writer. most people think that i'm fkin crazy to want do to that, but it's what i want to do for a living im not gonna worry about the income for my 20s. and plus, a huge emphasis of all these self-help financial books is that it doesnt necessarily matter what your income from your professsion is but rather how well you invest and manage the money you have.

if I'm nearing my late 20s and I realize that it's just not gonna work financially, then i'll probably go to law school. but until then i plan on living the dream, writing for a big newspaper and getting a beat on a bigtime sports team (the top guys make at least 100k doing that, and I'm pretty sure I can get up there).

the profession is so damn flexible in terms of time (which is worth a lot of money to me in itself), and there will always be money to made in any field as long as you're good at what you do. at this point in my life, i just dont think theres a possible way that i can sit in an office, working a 9-5. i just spent only two months doing it this summer and i almost went crazy. journalism and writing provides me with an escape from that.