View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Footba

[ QUOTE ]
Need good advice here!!!

12-team league, all TDs = 6 pts, PPR.

I have the 9th pick, so I pick 9 and 16. Based on most mock drafts I get Parker, Bush or Manning at #9, and I can take Jones-Drew at #16, or basically any top-3 receiver.

Who do you take at #9?
Do you like Jones-Drew at #16, or a top-3 receiver?
I prefer Jones-Drew to Mcgahee (normally not there at #16) - thoughts?

The draft pretty much plays itself out from rounds 3 and on, but I'm unsure as to what to do with the #9 pick. Also, I do not want Travis Henry, but I'm fairly certain he will not be around at #16.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran into that same situation. Bush was gone, it was basically Westbrook or Parker. I had Westbrook last year, and frankly he stressed me out too much. Nobody likes listening to the radio/tv for 2 hours to find out if the guy is going to play. So I took Parker, and felt pretty good about it. A lot of people put Pits as a playoff team this year (which I dunno about). But he should get a lot of work....

The tough pick was the second one. I could have taken Mcgahee, Henry, few other guys in that skill set. I thought about it more, and then decided to take a stud wideout (manning was gone). I dunno if that's a big mistake, but I feel like somewhere you need to have big stars. Even at the cost of RB depth.

I just don't see someone with Parker-Mcgahee-Lewis winning any damn pool.