View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Finishing People Off HU SNG

I've played only on low limit HUSNGs and not too many of them anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], but anyway here's my 2 cents.

I retain my aggressiveness if it has worked earlier in the tournament. I try to eat my opponents alive by min raising preflop and then cbetting 1/2 pot on the flop. Of course they make their stand at some point, but that is usually less than 50% of the time on the flop and I can easily fold if I don't have a good hand.

Against aggressive players it's harder, but here I fold many hands preflop. I raise or limp with good hands and usually bet the flop with 1/2 pot.

People do not seem to bluff raise on the flop too much because my bet could be legit and they would be called down (and they would be out). So if they are raising they usually connected with the flop (and this happens only 1/3 of the time as everybody knows); so my 1/2 pot bets should turn out +EV.

Of course they get the hang of my betting patterns after a couple of flops (and losing a bunch of chips), but it's still a leap of faith for them to call or reraise.