View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: No love for Harrington

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
About the M concept: in most of the strategy posts I've been reading, the medium and short stack decisions are seldom based on an M number; rather, the "number of big blinds" count seems to be the only metric that matters, and the concept of stack-to-pot size seems largely forgotten.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know where you read that, but it's hideously wrong. Stack-to-pot is what matters, regardless of what you call it. Measuring in terms of BB causes all kinds of problems - the most obvious is that you're not accounting for antes.
[...]

This is why BB-to-stack can't be used universally, but a stack to pot measurement can. It's also important when you're considering bet sizes, you can't just bet x BB, you will often have to adjust to structures that aren't nice and neat 1x/2x SB/BB that a lot of people are used to online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you're preaching to the converted here, I agree with you 100%. But go check the MTT strategy forums and count the threads where the metric is #BBs vs the threads where it's M. Either I've picked a freaky sample or indeed BBs are what most people refer to these days.