View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 07:08 AM

Default bad beat: cant cashout on pokerstars? \"address not found?\"

i feel like the hitler in the hitler's downfall poker version. i havent received my cashout i requested almost a month ago, because it basically got lost in the mail. after like 3 weeks i received and email saying the USPS returned it to them with the error message "address not found." i live in the suburban new jersey and have never had this problem in my life. so i cant cashout via check, i guess ill set up an epassporte account..anywhere heres the transcript of the last two letters

Sent: 2007/09/02 02:14:19
To: support@pokerstars.com
Subject: Re: Returned Check

To whom it may concern:
please forward this to a supervisor, along with
the dialog of the last 5 or so emails. maybe someone there with some level of decency/power/competence will realize that nobody handling this case has been helpful in settling my dispute. i never expected this from you guys, and until now you've remained my poker site of choice. now, to not be allowed access to my money, it irks me. you say the usps returned my check with the message "address not found." It seems like the usps isn't allowing your payment processor to send mail to the desired recipients. i get mail all the time, this is the first I've heard of someone not being allowed to send me mail.
one more generic, pre-written response, and you lose my business forever.

Hello Jonas,

I am sorry you feel this way.

Firstly, to clarify, we had no way of knowing that USPS would return your check. We can find your address just fine on their site and there should have been no problem with them getting this check to you. The error message 'Address not found' is what USPS tell us was the reason for non-
delivery. We pass this information on to you so you may double check your address and see if there is any further information you could add.
Unfortunately, the actions of the United States Postal Service is out of our control. However, I will follow up with the original processors and USPS to try and establish exactly why the initial check was returned. If you would still like to request another cashout by check, I will have it sent by a different processor.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed so I
can provide further instruction.

Regards,

Matt
PokerStars Payments

brag: up 24 buyins in last 1100 hands
beat: may never actually see the money
variance factor (vf)= (brags+beat)/(calls + returned checks)