View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

[ QUOTE ]
The whole book rotates around one single concept, SPR. It gives reader the view that everything is about SPR and nothing more. It gives a stupid simplistic view of poker. Just as long as you get your SPR right everything will be fine. SPR SPR SPR yada yada yada.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget there are well written sections on basics, fundamentals and REM too. SPR is a big part of this book, but it's only the first volume and there will be more with SPR as a basis, as I understand.

[ QUOTE ]
I am not going to start raising to 7bb with KK or limp-reraising AQ from UTG just to get my SPR "correct". I will continue to open raise the standard amount 95% of situations. Why do all the cardrunners pros open raise standard amounts (barring exceptional situations such as against shortstacks) in their videos? Is sbrugby a donkey cause he does not play like this book teaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably does play a lot like the book teaches. Using fized raise sizes preflop does not mean one's not thinking about stack to pot ratio's and their implications on post flop play.

[ QUOTE ]
Reading this book makes me so damn mad I feel like TUFF_FISH on bad tilt when reading it. It's like misinformation designed to make me play bad. I guess I am going to burn my copy, I hate it that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... Boy, are you upset!?