View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: 100NL: Top Pair Turns Into A Bluff

As for turn, I don't think this is profitable or logical either.

What hands do you expect a TAG to fold to your raise when they lead out on turn there? Why would you want to turn your hand into a bluff with such a small pot and marginal hand against a TAG who is leading the turn? The percentage of times he folds here is small compared to the number of times he calls you with a better hand

It just doesnt seem logical. You gotta ask yourself why you are choosing a certain line. If you aren't sure why you are taking a certain line for a hand, you probably shouldn't be doing it

If you choose a certain line for a specific reason and can justify why it is +EV than go for it, but I don't really see what this accomplishes except bloating the pot w/ a 2nd best hand most of the time. If he has half the hands you think he is capable of holding for his range, he isnt folding here nearly enough where this line is good.

Edit: I re-read OP. I understand why you think its a good line, but I really don't think this a good play to incorporate into your game regularly in these types of situations. Sorry if this is too long, I just felt like giving some input