View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Ask me about Adolf Hitler.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hitler was not a literate one trick pony. It is very possible that Hitler was more widely read than just about anyone that ever lived (if not it would be close.) And he remembered everything he ever read. For the years when he was busto all he did was read books from the library. He read everything he could on art, theatre, opera, architecture, politics, history, etc.

This is why everyone had such trouble disputing his arguments, he had such a voluminous knowledge of everything that he could just exhibit pedantic displays of information overload until the opponent would retreat, feeling intellectually inferior.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read a lot of this thread, but I caught this piece of [censored] hero worship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude wtf.

Every word of that is probably true.

Doesn't mean he wasn't also a pathetic walking cancer who somehow got his hands on the wheel. I don't think anybody's suggesting otherwise. Why trip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every word?

"It's very possible that Hitler was more widely read than just about anyone who ever lived"

Come the [censored] on. There was this crazy dude who lived next across the hall from me in college who was about 40 and did absolutely nothing but study and study all sorts of things. He was getting his PhD in math, but also knew just about everything in a ton of fields. He was batshit insane and his room was filled with books all the way to the ceiling with about 12 inch pathways for him to move.

Did OP consider this guy in his anaysis of whether Hitler was one of the best read people of all time?

"And he remembered everything he ever read"

WTF? I guess Hitler was the biggest speed reading genius in the entire history of the world. [censored], he must have known as much 10 PhDs put together. Damn he could have totally kicked Ken Jenning's ass in Jeopardy.