View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Opinions please...

Okay, two things here. You threw in 5 cents into a 35 cent pot to see a flop. If none of those other players would have done that with QJ, I'll eat my shorts. Hypocrites and bad losers.

Second thing. Bet more often than calling. It will improve your game dramatically. My bet here is about 60% of the pot (of course it does depend somewhat on what is normal for this game or is normal for you but second buy bet .25 so that seems normal). I know you had a lot of draws and outs but they don't always come home for you. If you win the pot by making everybody fold, that's not such a bad thing. Also, if you are betting and getting money into the pot, you will win more when your draw does come in.

This isn't a hard and fast rule, it's called semi'bluffing. It also keeps other players on their toes because now they won't know if you have a draw, a set, top pair or nothing.

Also note that betting out here is not just for this hand. When people see you bet out and then win a hand, the next time you can bet out with a little less and you get more respect (and more folds).