View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: 44k stat review for 19/14.5/3.8

Thanks for your comments, everybody.

Kowalski,

Yes, I play the style I play because I feel very comfortable with it and can autopilot it a lot of the time. That doesn't mean it's most EV+ but at least I don't tilt because of making some thin high-variance play that didn't work out this time.

[ QUOTE ]
What's the trick to gettnig your W$SD > 50? It's my biggest leak

[/ QUOTE ]Not a serious question, but to give a serious answer, I think it's mostly table selection, being nitty and running good.

keikiwai,

Yes, I should probably raise in LP more. The problem is I haven't worked out how to treat presumably light 3bettors that well (I've done both light 4betting and calling to bluff-raise most flops and those didn't work out well due to bad reads or variance as I ran into premium hands), so I try to keep myself somewhat within check.

I don't follow any starting guide charts, but I'm afraid I do indeed think of UTG and MP as being EP and CO and BTN being LP and treat them somewhat similarly. That isn't right.

And I don't bluff c/r often enough to snap off cbets. I also float stuff like 88 OOP as a standard play to see if he fires turn as I don't want to turn them into bluffs by c/ring.

BTW how did you get to c/r-ing just from these stats? Is it just that people this nitty don't c/r enough or what?

BTW I have almost no donk-betting in my game; another thing I would probably need to add.

Dire,

I agree my won$atSD% is high, but is my won$whenSF% of 41% really that low? I thought 40%+ was alright. Is wentToSD% of 21% also that low? I thought 20%+ was alright while anything less probably weak tight.

That said I have weak tight tendencies; mostly I do it to control future tilt if I get stacked in a marginal spot.

Basically I guess this style works although not in the most EV+ manner for the games I play in, but if I want to move up successfully I'll simply need to embrace more variance and simply get better.