View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: *** VIP Freeroll thread for 9-1-2007 ***

[ QUOTE ]
Body Man D, maybe you can explain this one to me.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really see how anybody could get pleasure out of playing donkaments. I mean, seriously, by level 3 or 4 almost everybody is operating with a short stack (level 4 just started and the average stack is 22 big blinds). At that point, it's mostly a matter of my premium hand against your premium hand. It all seems a little silly to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about the big pay day. Yeah it can get frustrating when you play for hours and lose an 80/20 or whatever. But there's nothing in poker more exciting than making the FT of a big tourney knowing you can win 30k or whatever in 1 shot.

Also tournaments are interesting because of how you have to constantly adjust your play based on the stage of the tournament. It's important to know how to play deepstacked in early game. How to resteal effectively at middle to late stages etc.

To me, cash games can feel like a grind at times because it's the same thing over and over. Like being an assembly line worker. The pay is good but it can get boring. Tournaments are more like being a commissioned sales person. You can go weeks or months without making much money but then close the big deal and make the same amount in 1 day that the cash grinder made in those 3 months.

I just like playing tournaments and cash for the change of pace. If I hit the bad side of variance in MTT's I hit the cash tables for a while to rebuild my roll.