View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 02:02 PM

Default KK- flopped set, deep (for me anyway)

I'm a limit player trying to make the transition to no-limit, and as expected, it has been expensive. I've been getting crushed in big pots, and hoping to get some advice.

This hand was played live, at a card club. Villain is an action player, plays a lot of hands. He is pretty loose passive preflop, more aggressive postflop, he makes some very marginal calls, and he bluffs more then he should.

$1-$2 No Limit
Stacks:
SB- $250 (Villain)
UTG- $120~
UTG +1- $200~
LMP- $320 (Hero)

Hero is dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in LMP
UTG raises to $7, UTG+1 calls $7, 2 folds, Hero raises to $32, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG +1 calls.

Pot: $130
Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets $30, folded to hero, Hero moves all-in (villain had $187 left, I had him covered)

Any criticism is much appreciated.
The only hands I'm afraid of here are AA and QT. I felt very strongly that villain would def. slowplay the nuts, and that he would have made a big re-raise preflop with AA.