View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 06:22 AM

Default NL100 - Str8 draw in 3bet pot

I am new to 6max and found this hand tricky.

Button was a TAG with a high ATS%, BB was a 35/25/4+ LAG.

I know that a LAG can play a wide range this way, but they don't usually cold call a 3bet light, do they?

I didn't bet the flop, as I feared he could raise with a large part of his range and I would be in a tricky spot. Of course, you could argue that I am in a tricky spot now!

If I raise, it probably has to be a push and I am in really bad shape vs. his calling range

If I call, I expect a double barrel from a LAG and would likely fold UI. So if I am seeing one more card (UI), I need to stack him a high proportion of the time to make calling to spike +EV.

Is it a fold?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $99.00
BB: $103.00
UTG: $99.50
CO: $43.30
BTN: $153.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.00</font>, BB calls $10.00, BTN folds

Flop: ($25) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $19.00</font>, [i]Hero ??