View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Undisciplined Players

So, I played poker at 2 places tonight. At my usual place I busted out after 2 re-buys before the blinds rose to 25/50. Not wanting to go home so soon I went to this other bar (pointedly called "All-In") and after playing there I think I will give up playing poker with local people.

Or, I think a new word should be added to the TAG/LAG/PAG definitions and that's WAG, with the W standing for wild-ass. These people were insane. There's no such thing as ABC poker playing with them.

It didn't matter what you raised the blind to you got a caller, and usually with a totally [censored] hand that invariably hit the table. Have Ax? Go all in. Have 7-10d? Raise 7 times the blind because you have "2 over cards" and the flop is 6-5-4. Knowing these people in this short time, me, with pocket 7s, figured she was playing 7-3, so I folded. Why else would you raise like that? So she lost her "over cards" to a pair of sixes.

And of course play any 2 suited cards as this one woman kept whining as she raked the pot after pot.

In this particular game the blinds rise by a factor of 4, I think. After 1/2 it becomes 2/4, 4/8, 8/16, etc.; my math isn't good so I don't know what the factor is. But at the end when there are only 2 people left, they chop the pot based on chip count, so out of 4 games I chopped once, having the lesser chips.

Anyway, I can't do it, I can't play with them. They kept telling me that I'd have to play their way and I just can't. My luck, after whatever little ability I have, just doesn't work like that.

So either I go back to playing on-line, move to Vegas, or give up playing poker all together. I can't deal with this.