View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Day Trader - money potential vs prep time compared to poker

Guys, thanks for everyones opinions on this stuff. I appreciate it a lot.

whyhero - The reason I brought up the 200k figure is that's where I'm at with poker right now. I feel pretty successful at poker but certainly i'm no sbrugby or other big name. I was/am trying to get some sort of feel as to how hard/time consuming it would be for me to do the same with trading. Mostly I'd like to have more options in my life for an income stream besides poker and working for the man in a cubicle (ie going back to my programmer background). Mostly my goal is to never work for someone else again, but I realize that poker may not always interest me and the variance at say 5/10nl short handed can be pretty sick. (i know, probably 6 of one half dozen of another switching poker variance for swing trading variance)

All-
Let's say I'm interested in seriously pursuing swing trading. What should be my first steps to start moving in the right direction? I have the personality that when I want to get something accomplished I go out and do it. That's how I was with poker, programming, and most other things in my life.

I know enough to know that I don't know anything, if that makes sense. I have time to commit to this but I don't want to waste the time I have in the wrong areas. Is there a particular book/website/coaching avenue you suggest? Is there another method?

If I got to the point where I had a more fundamental knowledge of swing trading I'd be willing to swap coaching services with one of you experts at swing trading (if anyone would be interested in NLHE coaching)... right now I have 3 consistent NLHE students through 3-bet.net where I'm one of the coaches.

KoW