View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: No love for Harrington

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's what happens when only one news source is invited to report on goings on. Look for more of the same on future WPT events.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your current status with the WPT, are you still working the circuit for them? I know you used to do interviews and updates and such but I'm assuming their exclusivity contract would basically prevent that.

I worked as a tournament reporter briefly (I met you at Borgata last winter and Foxwoods in April actually) and it was a great experience. Sucks I can't do it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

The WPT let me go after season five. They brought in new personnel who wanted a directional change (breasts), and I was simultaneously making noises about change all on my own and don't think they liked that too much. As it was, they weren't posting a lot of stuff I was doing, and what they were posting was buried six clicks into the site. It was a frustrating experience at the end.

That said, I'm really worried about how the CP/WPT deal will affect year round interest in the professional game. I was only half-kidding with my first post in this thread, and think that if news outlets are told they're not welcome in the way to which they're accustomed, they'll just treat it as not newsworthy. I just pre-recorded an interview with Daniel Negreanu about this for my radio show next week.

G