View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Moving up... stats check.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a solid TAG strategy works best at NL50, so if you are between 15 and 18 VPIP, that is a good range.

Raise more preflop - a PF raise percentage that is half of your VPIP is too small IMO. Also, try to get your turn and river AF a bit higher. If your total agression factor gets to about 3, I think that is a good solid number

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are these solid numbers? honestly I think people heard AF 3 and 18/16 is gold but never really thought why this would be good at microstakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're going to disagree with something that has been working very well for people you generally need to supply the reasons why you disagree...not the other way around. 90+% of the larger winning players in this forum could send you their stats and it would be similar to those numbers.

I'm about 20/17.5/3.5

~5.7 over my last 72,000 hands
I don't know exactly what it is but I know I'm over 4.2 over my last 120,000 hands or so.

Probably leaks but not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not really too high on the "your stats have to be X, X, and X" mentality. Unless there is a serious reason why your stats need to be that way, I don't buy it. Most people just see someone else's stats, see they're winning, and assume you have to have those stats to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Warhammer, you'll be fine .. good luck mate (and 18/16 with an AF of only 3 .... now that is meh,but it is all about balance, but if you have a good balance, practically every vpip up to at LEAST 30 can be played at any level)