View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Its been 270 days and.......?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd lay 3/1 that 270 days from today there will still be no regulations drafted pursuant to enforcement of UIGEA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure the lack of rules is a good thing. With the Gov'ts actions against Netteller, and getting Visa out of the pre-paid market, they have in effect stopped a good deal of the "new cash" flow into on-line poker.

Any regulations they would publish would be tested for loopholes, this way they have scared the major players out of the market and convinced a portion of the population that playing poker on-line is illegal.

Any regs we are likely to see would be a step forward in enforcement against the next level the e-wallets. The way the law reads it would seem that they could force banks to sever ties with the major e-wallets without any liability.

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]

They are just going back to the good old days of the early 00s. Revolving shell companies to process deposits. Uncoded transactions. Get tagged, move on. GIft card doesn't work today, will tomorrow. Bodog has been sitting on nucharge a while. No one is stopping epass. Its just more expensive. They have hotlines. And as for NFL season and the books, I doubt they have much of a drop off. Higher net worth people do the books and they have no problem setting up foreign bank accounts, or doing their own wire transfers, getting WU fees reimbursed. Had a talk with a well off guy today who missed Neteller. Zero problems getting a wire transfer to a book. He says he will jump thru however many hoops he has because he trusts the big books more than local bookies. The FBI and DoJ will be like two little Dutch boys with fingers in the dykes. Unless they are willing to engage in Net terrorism and hax poker sites to cut them off from the US, it wont stop.