View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: A plea to omgwtfnoway (re the variance thread blowup)

Ok, back to square one. Jay_shark, is your answer to the $1000 bankroll question choice B?

Do *you* want to take me up on the bet? Obviously you've disqualified yourself as a judge, even though you're from the math forum, but I would have wanted a chance to see the quality of previous postings before agreeing to you as a judge anyway.

I'll give you the same 2 to 1 odds that I'm offering omg.

If you're willing to put money on it, here's my proposal: We find three or 5 judges that both sides can agree on from the probability forum (I expect people frequenting that forum to be slightly more familiar with this sort of math than a more general math forum), and offer them a cut of the winnings if necessary to get people to actually participate. Each of us takes one side of the "Minimize variance with a $1000 bankroll" question that I already posed, and writes a short summary piece on why we believe our advice to that player is correct. Then give the judges discussion time, and have them vote. Majority wins the bet.

Up for it? Anyone? I reserve the right not to take 20 people up on this, but I'll take the first one or two who are willing.