View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 07:58 AM

Default 75/150 LIMIT (seriously) Omaha Hi river play

Yes there are people dumb enough to play this game in minbet form. Crazy Mike wants to play it so we play it. Game is 4 handed, villain is Crazy Mike. Despite his name he is not particularly crazy and is fairly straightforward, which is why I found this spot so confusing.

CO limps, villain raises button which means that he started with 4 cards that are reasonably connected in some way. I call in the SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, SB and CO fold, villain raises, I 3bet, he 4bets, I call now prepared to call down and get shown a better set.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check, he checks. Now it seems my hand must be best.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet, he raises, I can only call here I think especially considering I hold a 5 I think? I guess it's not out of the question that he 4bet the flop with like 89T5 and took a free card but it doesn't seem very likely or consistent with his normal play.