View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Ask me about being a religious jew

[ QUOTE ]
It seems you side stepped the stoning issue by stating that the temple has not been rebuilt for the third time. In a later post from what i gather the temple will be rebuilt in the next 230 years or so. Say it happened in the next 5 years, would you support it or is it more of a "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it."

[/ QUOTE ]
When the Temple then all the laws will be restored. However, contrary to popular belief (and what is seen on The Life of Brian) they were not stoning people all the time. The Talmud states that A court that puts to death a person on average more that once per SEVEN YEARS is consider a "murderous court".

[ QUOTE ]

On another note, here in NYC it was speculated in the press that Meir Kahane was possibly the Messiah.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is not the first and wil not be the last person who has been flouted as being the Messiah. However, there have not been many. The most famous one of all was someone by the name of Shabbtai Tzvi.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you see any, I dont want to say extremists, but people who are looking to make Prophesy come true by advocating blowing up the Dome of the Rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are idiots on all sides of any argument.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have men popping up occasionally who claim to be the Messiah.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know of no case where the person themselves claimed to be the Messiah. It is the followers that do so.