View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Need Tips - Workout Advice for a Girl

[ QUOTE ]
FFK,

I ordered mine from Iron Woody Fitness and they're quite a bit different than the ones you linked to. They are more like a giant rubber band - so they don't have handles attached to them and they are not made of rubber tubing. Now I wanted them to be able to do assisted pullups, resistance pushups, deadlifts, squats, and other full body motions. I do think the ones I linked to would serve you better if you are looking to do similar exercises to the ones I mentioned (which I think you should). I'm not saying the ones you linked to won't work for those purposes, because they may, I just think you'll get more resistance and a longer life span out of the Iron Woody Bands (1 year guarantee). But, they are a little more expensive so maybe you should try your option first and see if it works for you. Hope this helps and doesn't add confusion!

[/ QUOTE ]

I use jumpstretch bands and they're basically the same thing as the iron woody bands. They have a set of a bunch of pairs that is a decent deal even compared with Iron Woody, whose prices for single pairs are better. FFK, a really nice thing about these is also how portable they are. They fold up so small that you can tuck one or two in a moderately sized purse, and they weigh next to nothing. If you have to travel much, they're ideal.