Thread: AJs
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: AJs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can we b/3b the river in hand one? Does he have AK/AQ/AT enough? Though to say. Does he bet TT/99 here? Probably not. I think I'd rather bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
highly doubt he checks behind the flop with an underpair on J84 vs me. his range is mostly AT/AK/AQ or KQ with a club. he isn't going to call my river bet with KQ, and i think checkraising against the other hands is better than betting. i don't think he raises those hands very often on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played hand one expertly, although I initially thought check/raising the turn is fine too, but now that I think about it, your line has to be the optimal line here IMO, even better than check/raising the turn and heres why.

I agree with you that the villain's most likely hand is Ax given his preflop-flop line. So it should be clear that check/raising the turn or river will work here, but I like betting the turn better than check/raising right away cuz its like were fishin for a 3bet, and once the villain doesnt take the bait it's time to get that obligatory check/raise in on the river. Check/raising the turn guarantees us 3BBs every time from Ax. Betting the turn with the intention of check/raising the river if the villain just calls the turn nets us atleast 3BB's every time too, but we also have a chance to get 4BB's in when the villain pops the turn. So VNH IMO.

About hand 2: Im with leader. I would check, but I'm agnostic on everything at this point. Except I think you shouldve 3bet preflop.