View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Results:

Why post results so soon?

Anyhow, I like a flop bet. I feel that on this flop, you aren't getting semibluffed that often even by hearts. On this type of flops, people are way more likely to c/c a heart draw cause they feel they don't have much FE over your range once you bet a dangerous board (even the donks sense it). There's plenty of value to be had and you don't want to give gutshots or like pair+gs's a free draw, not to mention flush draws (not to mention that you dislike 1/2 the deck on the turn). Once you check the flop, I like the turn raise, as you can get value from worse aces and protect against draws, and people never 3-bet bluff/semibluff there, so it's an easy muck. As far as getting blown off the hand, it's not a big deal, since it's a 4 outer, however if you had just turned a set sixes for example, i'd be more likely to just flat cause getting blown off your hand is decidedly worse w/ 10 outs. As played, no point in bluffing here, as your hand has enough showdown value and enough of your oppt's range is one heart that is c/c-ing to make checking better than bluffing (though betting 1k might be optimal vs. some oppts).