View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: The final truth about down swings.

Nice post, however...

The first time someone goes through a big downswing it can feel very isolated. Many times people will post on here just to know they aren't alone in going through it. Regardless of the obviousness of it. Especially when they're not really seeing the long swings of other people directly around them. They see the idiots dragging pot after pot, read on here how everyone has an 8bb/100 win rate and wonder if they're the only ones experiencing this.

I think your post is more relevant to those who've been through the swings a couple times and came through it. Not for someone experiencing the swing for the first time or 2. For them, taking a break is the thing to do because they don't understand the concept of it from a 1st person view and could be more subject to tilt. Is it really fair to hold them to a standard when they've never approached the obstacle before? Or don't have that much personal experience with it? Not really. I know it took me a couple times to really get the hang of it.

I, for one, have always found it at least somewhat inspiring to read how someone overcame a swing whether during a session or a longer dryspell. The latest one being clarky digging out of a huge hole during a wild 20-40 game. Even though it was a small response in a big thread, it helped rejuvinate a little something in my game.

Now posting about bad beats in general is another thing...

b