View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: 50 NL, river against a donk, call or all in?

Also, Your steal rate should go way up against this guy when he's in the SB, because you'll have position on him. you basically want to play a lot of hands against him when you have position.

On that same note, play a little tighter when he's going to call a lot of hands preflop, i.e. don't raise Ax offsuit.

So maybe like five days ago I had a similar hand against a drooler like this.

I have A2s in position on the btn. We are 150bb deep. He calls in the CO, i iso raise him.

Flop comes A72.
I bet pot, he calls.

Turn comes 10. He checks I over bet by 10 bucks. He calls.

River is a 6. I bet near pot, He min raises.

This tells me he has a strong hand, but I have two pair, and his two pair range, is way behind my two pair range. (i.e. he's got to have an ace with somehting). When they play sooo many more hands they catch crappy hands making worse two pairs.

The point of the hand is, think what he could have, what he could have slow played, assign a range, and valuebet or call based on odds. So this guy could have 86, q6, q8, q3, 36, 83, etc. We have a tremendous amount of his range killed. We should be value betting, and trying to get money in the pot.

The runner runner clubs shouldn't change that. Bet and get money in the pot for value.