View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: KJs river flush vs Leatherass

[ QUOTE ]
this thread astonishes me, and the posters here need to think a little outside their own worlds and have an open mind about every situation they encounter. my guess would be that is why most of you are stuck in mid stakes, because you are stuck in paradigms preventing you from improving past a certain level.

i think its really close between raise and call given the texture of the board, but i suspect call is the correct play given your opponent.

i dont think when you raise youre getting called by a worse hand >50% of the time by leatherass given the action.

this is only raisable if you are almost certain hes not folding 78ss, which i think is a fairly easy fold to this raise.

it gets a little interesting if you think from his perspective on how youre playing things like Axss on the flop and if he thinks youre semibluffing hands like this every time then maybe hes more likely to call with the smaller flushes.

but still, i think he folds them enough and folds sets enough to make this a flat call.

[/ QUOTE ]
So one good player agrees with OP and u both make good points especially that jamie would have a different image than cts would, which could the optimal play different. It seems like maybe in a vacuum, in your perfect world the calling ranges and the heros pushing ranges to leatherass, that a flat call would make sense. However as j fish mentioned above if you call here it hurts you game on future hands when you try and bluff. And also who says leather ass is perfect, u both assume he plays perfectly and never makes hero calls, which in reality in inaccurate, he could be multitabling and not knwo how tight the villian is or possibly just not playing his A game. This is exactly why leatherass can get away with murder against most regs. You are HU with the second nuts, your not gunna cinvince me that leatherass plays so perfectly that hes not calling with worse.