View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: KJs river flush vs Leatherass

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think leatherass has those small flushes in his range nearly as often as the high ones. and i think hes very capable of folding them.

and the sets given the texture and how the hand played out are easy laydowns.

and your argument for bluffing is true, but think about it this way: what are we bluffing with here? did we really float a 4 way 3/4 pot bet on the flop with total air and 2 players left to act behind us? it would be interesting if we are, but i seriously doubt jamie is ever doing this, and at least leatherass never thinks he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would bluff AJ here in a second, apparently leatherass isn't calling anything except the absolute nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya so basically youre bluffing AJ AQ AK?
is AJ even in your range nearly as often as the other hands you have?

like are you really calling preflop with AJ every time and calling the flop every time (the flop may very well be a fold with AJ)

is AK really in your calling range or are you reraising way more? prob reraising, so really your hand range for bluffing would be something like AJ sometimes and AQ most of the time. everything else is a value bet, and given the texture of the board, Q, J, T and 9 high flushes are not possible in his range but ARE possible in yours, so its only really low flushes that he could have and expect to call with, and he could very well fold those.

i think hands like these are not in an expected hand range enough to make leatherass think youre bluffing with a high enough frequency.

if this was a heads up pot it would be totally different. 4 way with 2 players left to act behind changes the dynamics a lot