View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Odd Quiz, introductory concepts pt. 2.

Hand 1 -

I call because I don't wanna get allin here when he has like 48% equity. I would rather wait to see a safe turn card or whatever.

If he checks to us on any turn card that isn't an ace or a spade, I'm betting ~30 or so to protect my hand but also to get value if he calls too often with draws.

If he leads 30 on any card that doesn't improve his hand (I don't count a 4 as improving his hand but it should be taken into consideration), I'm shoving because if he misses the river it's very unlikely he's gonna fire again and I want to get his money in when he's behind.

Hand 2 -

I call here because there are a lot of cards that improve our hand - a J, 7, T, 9 will all do it, also we can rep spades if one comes in.

If he checks the turn, I'm going to continue trying to rep a draw and check through. We're not scared of any rivers because we know his hand and we're still behind so we're not letting him catch up if we take a free card. I would consider betting any J, T, 7 turn but I would check a 9 so we can induce a river bet. If a spade comes I would consider firing as well.

If he leads turn I fold.