Thread: diablo 2?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: diablo 2?

People make so many statements about build choices in D2 without explaining them that it's so hard to make heads or tails of things. Reading some more, I've seen people talking about using high dex so they can get a shield that blocks 75% of hits, including some caster magic hits that also have a physical component. This is supposed to help a lot when teleporting around, etc.

If you have a bunch of skellies around to take up the attention of the mobs, I can see how this would be much less important. I'm not going skelly-heavy, but am going to work on corpse explosion, poison nova, and a clay golem. It looks like I am therefore much more likely to be hit, so I can see how the dex/blocking shield combo could be useful. But still it only applies to physical damage, and I have a merc, at least a couple skellies, and a golem to take up a lot of that. And it depends on getting one item that I might not ever get, I think called the homuculus shield. If I just got vitality, I could use it all the time.

What I'm really wondering is how much strength to get, too. I'm at 36 now and can wear chain mail but one of the main reasons I don't want to be restricted in armor is not to have high defense but so I can wear stuff I come across that has good effects on it. More to choose from, kind of thing. I remember when I played the game when it came out, I got a "faster hit recovery" chain mail or plate on my necro, and thought the quick recovery was really helpful.\

I'm also wondering about the merc with "might," as I hear they're the best. Haven't been able to find out what "might" is yet. But I'm loving my bow-wielding rogue who has an ice effect. Shattering corpses means less to blow up, but it takes care of so many enemies so quickly and easily. I did the Countess in Act I and never even saw her, she went down so fast. And I've heard with a cold rogue and a clay golem, you can take down anything in the game.