View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Need Tips - Workout Advice for a Girl

OK, so I really liked Sanfu'd's idea about resistance bands because they seem very versatile, space-friendly, and not too difficult to figure out.

I'm thinking of ordering these. They have very light, light, medium, heavy, and ultra heavy, and I was thinking of getting medium. There is no specific weight resistance in the description though, so I'm sort of shooting in the dark. What do you guys think?

I have a general idea of some things to do with these once I get them but if anyone has any suggestions (that have not already been mentioned), I would love to hear them.

Thremp, when you say "take pictures," I'm assuming you mean before and after pictures? This sounds really scary because if I fail then I'll just have a crappy photo of myself reminding me of how bad I suck. But I guess you're right and I'll be glad I did it.

I have a random question about breakfast: for years, and through previous weight loss periods (maintained, TYVM [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), I have never eaten breakfast. Now I'm reading everywhere that you wake up your metabolism by eating breakfast and actually burn more calories throughout the morning. Is this true? It sounds like it could be, but it also sounds like it could also be one of those voodoo dieting claims that surfaces depending on the current weight loss fad.

Thanks for everyones advice so far. I haven't posted a lot but I am reading every reply and ruminating over every idea I've gotten.