View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: KTs flops a FD, line check

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, the whole line is standard IMO. Against one opponent I would sometimes lead out and happily get it in if raised.

You obviously have to call the AI getting nearly 2-1 as overpairs are a huge part of his range and you have plenty of equity vs them. You are in worse shape vs set/unlikely 2 pair/NFD obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the reason you wouldnt lead out here because you are expecting one of the two to bet?

<font color="blue"> </font> Pretty much, yes. It also makes the CR look stronger . Here's a good chance UTG, as PFR, will lead at this flop. If CO raises that I dump immediately, but otherwise the CR looks very strong. Obviously you are then committed to putting the rest in if reraised on the flop. If called you could be left with a difficult decision on the turn but given your line is strong you probably need to push anything except possibly a non-spade A. <font color="blue"> </font>

Would you still raise this flop if you were againt one opponent.

<font color="blue"> </font> Assuming I didn't lead then yes, I would probably CR. <font color="blue"> </font>

If you were in position would you just call?

<font color="blue"> </font> Yes if I act after CO, whether or not he has called UTG's bet. With three in the pot you would be a little bit wary of someone holding AsXs though. <font color="blue"> </font>

Sorry for the questions, trying to think about different scenarios here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also really surprised at the number of people saying fold pre, given that you close the action. Don't people view KTs as primarily a drawing hand rather than a one pair hand?
You'd all call with 9Ts right?