View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Odd Quiz, introductory concepts pt. 1.

[ QUOTE ]
i bet flop to build the flop since we're 50/50 at this point and will not get much action in an essentially empty pot. i bet about 15, but take a free card on the turn if we dont improve.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel the need to correct you. A4s is a dog, 45-55 to KT on that flop. Also, we are OOP, thereby giving us the option of taking a freebie nonexistent, unless villain obliges us.

[ QUOTE ]

2) i bet 15 again for balance purposes. i then double barrel the turn unless it is a 9 or 10 for value since most people arent calling with k10 to fold top pair in a medium sized pot on a drawy board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretend balancing does not matter. We are looking for the optimal line, especially given we know what he has.

[ QUOTE ]

i should probably have the same line for both, but it seems like villain is likely to call our double barrels in both hands, so why not bet only when we have an equity edge? im curious as to what you do in both cases.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why should you have the same line for both? Elaborate. The second thing you mentioned seems much more dead on.