Thread: Frustration...
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Frustration...

[ QUOTE ]
After my first 135 Sit-n-goes i have an ROI of -1.21%... I usually make it to the final 6 players just playing tight and(from what i understand so far) standard low level blind play. But when the blinds get to 75-150 and above i pretty much have no idea what to do... i'll often have a stack of 10bb or less with the blinds going up next hand... and push something like a K9 without any idea if its correct or not... a lot of the situations i think to myself "what would the guys at 2+2 say to do" I'll try and take a step back from the situation and take in all the info that i can (stack sizes... blinds... starting hand... how villain(s) is playing...number of players left etc...) and still be completely stuck...

i really want to join SNG icons (looks like the best videos for STT and i would want to support guys that post on here...) but my bankroll is 100 (79$ now...) and i play 3.40s so i dont think its practical to pay upwards of 150 dollars even though i want to learn... i have the new Sit-n-go Book from 2+2 and have read it once... the only thing that i really took away from it was how to play low blinds, EV and tournament equity...

i have been lurking these forms for a little while and just recently started to post hands and questions... but what is the best way without spending hundreds of dollars on software or videos to learn mid-high blind play and what to do on the bubble. i guess I'm just sort of venting right now and mad, mainly at my self for not being able to figure it out on my own...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the first step is admitting you have a problem so you are already on your way to recovery.

The only thing I can tell you is that SnGs are a game of pattern recognition. After a while, you will know ICM in your sleep. ICM will make you at least a breakeven player. You just have to play hundreds of SnGs for the patterns of when to push and when to fold to become imprinted for you. I would recommend to keep reading posts here and post hands you are struggling with. After a while, the overall gist of high blind play will become apparent to you.