View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Politicians For and Against Online Poker, August 29, 2007

Engineer,

Another nice thread. Regarding the number on our side, I wonder how many of the B's are soft. Not necessarily that they are against us at all, but rather not for us *right now*. This especially could be the case if domestic gaming interests really do see a benefit in squeezing the offshore sites prior to legalization. However, if you count all the B's or better, then it appears that to actually pass Frank's or Weixler's bill, that all of the democrat neutrals have to break for us.

I was wondering about another matter as well. Which is how many of those in the F categories against us, also support horse racing. I see for example many reps from Texas which certainly has tracks. As I have opined in past threads, the horse racing industry has gotten a free ride with special treatment for too long. We need to find a way to squeeze them firmly into our camp by exposing them to serious harm as well. Perhaps by planting the idea in FOF's head that removing exemptions to horse racing (after all it *is* gambling!) is the path to compliance with the WTO issue (aside from the nuances of whether that is really 100% true), and which thus would remove one of our pillars of support. We need to make horse racing punters feel our pain and get in our camp.