View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Strangers who want to discuss your lack of \"faith\"?

[ QUOTE ]
They have options similar to various forms of addiction, taking advantage of the occassional lucid moment.
When you wake up one morning and see others doing heinous acts and the reason they give is "a mystical revelation gives me my morality" there should be enough lucidness left ( they can still find the car keys) for them to say just once... "hhmmmmm....that's the same story I tell ...hmmmmm."

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course - though most will claim some distinguishing feature of their own religion as being the key to why it should be accepted. In my opinion, most will find that approach easier than criticising their own world view. Obviously, I'm not defending the position, but in my view saying "Well they really shouldnt do that" doesnt really help much in trying to understand why they do.

Irrespective of what you think they should base their moral decisions on, do you agree they should act according to their mystically derived moral beliefs, if they're not "having a lucid moment"? Or at least that they dont have any other choice? It would seem strange to me if you are encouraging people to act against what they think is moral.