View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Another STAR WARS thread

[ QUOTE ]
He was referring to leia.

The jedi is Luke. It is titled the return of the jedi because it is the first time in a long time someone has become a new jedi.

Dunno about the last part. I have heard however that originally it was intended to be a 9 part series, with the final episodes following Leia. Lucas says he doesn't want to do those however.

I'm such a Star Wars geek [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

so one cant make the argument that the "jedi" in the title is anakin as he returned to jedi status by killing the sith?

Presumably fulfilling the prophecy, destroying the Sith and bringing balance to the Force. He's taken Yoda's, "A prophecy that misread, could have been," and taken it to mean that Anakin was never the chosen one, and that honour was to go to Luke. He never considered the possibility of Anakin returning, despite Padmé and Luke telling him that there was still good in him. To quote the Star Wars Databank: "Though Kenobi felt that the dark side could only be defeated by bringing about the deaths of Anakin and the Emperor..." http://www.starwars.com/databank/cha...obi/index.html

Yoda, however, is wiser. He knows that Luke wouldn't be able to defeat the Emperor; he's gone mano-a-mano with him and couldn't beat him, and if he couldn't then Luke couldn't either.

Leia certainly couldn't.

Yoda's 'hope' is that there'll be a return of *the* Jedi: the chosen one. The only Jedi who'll be strong enough to destroy the Emperor. And what's going to bring him back is his son. Or his daughter.

That's my theory.