View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Cleaning up free outs/free showdown plays

1) I dunno about PF. There are some good arguments for the 3-bet here, but I think if you are taking a shot it's best to go the low-variance route and sacrifice whatever tiny EV you might get from the 3-bet. The turn raise is pretty bad - as 2kicker said, there aren't really any outs that you can clean up, because a flush draw is never folding and you are very unlikely to win this by catching one pair. You are basically just charging the flush draw and yourself and giving the extra money to the PFR.

2) I dunno about this one. Cleaning up outs here is also a little dubious because getting someone to fold a Q or 2 only gives you an extra 2 outs each, and they might call anyways since they already called 3 cold on the flop. On the other hand, the pot is absolutely enormous and anything you can do to improve your chances can't be that wrong. But then again, because the pot is so big it would suck if you got 3-bet by a set and folded your 2-outer (which you will actually have odds to draw to at that point). So I dunno.