View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Need Tips - Workout Advice for a Girl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never posted in this forum before. I'm hoping some of you guys can give me advice. Size-wise, I'm small enough - let's say goal weight, and I'm pretty short as well, 5'3. I'm interested in becoming stronger, for two main reasons: to look better naked and to burn more calories. I also just want to be healthier and have more endurance in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your goals aren't quite clear to me.

Being stronger won't necessarily make you burn more calories or look better naked. Getting stronger is a function of your central nervous system becoming more efficient. Getting stronger will not make you burn more calories unless you also gain muscle mass. That's why body builders can eat 5,000 calories a day and still have ridiculously low bodyfat. Someone who lifts purely for strength, like a powerlifter, does not burn many calories during their lifts or while resting. I find it weird that you list burning more calories as a goal in and of itself. Is maybe that another way of saying that you want to lower your body fat? Also when you that you want to get stronger so that you look better naked, do you actually mean that you want to look a little more muscular? Being stronger does not necessarily correlate with being more muscular or looking better naked. In fact, someone can greatly increase their strength while looking virtually identical on the outside.

So if you explain a little bit better about what your looking for, I can give you better advice about what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you know what she meant, stop trying to sound smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blow me. Stop trying to sound like you aren't trying to sound smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you'd like me to blow you, you're going to have to give me a better indication of what you mean. "To blow" is a verb that can mean several things: would you like me to direct a stream of air onto you? spend you frivolously? Or would you like me to perform fellatio on you? If you explain a little bit better what you meant, maybe I can be of more help to you.