View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: For moral relativists

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did not ignore those things. They are right there in my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where? You've got one half of the problem (you might not find someone who will take you) but ignored the first half (you might not be able to get out).

[/ QUOTE ] You're right. I didn't include that. Getting out wasn't a problem in my example society. If that is a problem I agree that that is messed up.

[ QUOTE ]
This is totally moving goal posts. I don't have to move into an existing barber shop to compete with an established barber.

[/ QUOTE ] What are you talking about? You said your barber does not use force to maintain territorial monopoly. The way I understand that term that is exactly what he does. Maybe I misunderstand what territorial monopoly means, though?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A "love it or leave it" arrangement is not voluntary - unless the party issuing the ultimatum is the rightful owner of the property one must leave if he does not agree to the proposal.

[/ QUOTE ] So who says who the rightful owner is? I bet most people would think the american people are the rightful owners to the land in the U.S, yet you don't accept a "love it or leave it" arrangement from the american people.

[/ QUOTE ]

The american people own the land in the US? How come I didn't get a check for my portion of the sale of the house next door to me?

How come the Government doesn't claim to own my property? In fact, they specifically *deny* that claim.

[/ QUOTE ] Ok. So you want whoever owns the land to have the power that government has now. That might be better or worse or the same, but do you really think that it is the only way to have a "consistant moral system"? That is really ridiculous.