View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: AYAAH, Electronic poker table at Artichoke Joe\'s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Guess I must be the only dealer around who's not worried about these things. Hell, if the internet didn't kill live poker, neither will a video table. q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

As I was playing yesterday I was trying to observe the dealers to see if the machine was stressing them at all, and interestingly it didn't seem to phase them at all, or at least that they would/could admit at work. So maybe you're not alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except AJ's pays the City of San Bruno based on the amount of tables they have in the house. Each etable which goes in means that a live table won't be staffed.

AJ's has an allowance to add x amount more poker tables (I forget what the actual number is, but let's say its 8-12), so in theory if the etables grew their business AJs could retain dealers and add etables, though that scenario seems unlikely.

Each one of these which goes in figures to cost dealer jobs. Right now that may not be a problem as overtime is common but if they put a dozen etables in it would stand to reason that some dealers will be underemployed.